Monday, February 1, 2010

Roasted Kabocha soup


Roasted Kabocha soup
Originally uploaded by rbsb1999
This was inspired a bit by Kathy Erway and her hapa recipe for simmered kabocha. I simmered half of the kabocha for my bento. But roasted half and turned it into this wonderfull soup. It's kabocha, carmelized onion, soy milk and vegetable stock. I seasoned it with rosemary and sea salt. The result was very velvety, an even better texture I'd say than butternut squash soup, no strings attached (harhar). So glad I tried it.
Of course for all my fangirl adoration of Ms. Erway I totaly blanked on the title of her upcoming book at the "In the Flesh Reading Series" and missed on the opportunity to win a copy of "Eat Your Feelings; recipes for self loathing" which I of course need right now to properly loathe myself post human relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment